Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp

Where do I pay my taxes as a Canadian while working remotely for a foreign company?

To keep this as simple as possible, it’s best to treat all foreign income the same way as you would handle the income earned from a Canadian company.

Really the only difference here is if you are paid in a foreign currency and have to deal with the exchange rates. In that case, the Canadian Revenue Agency recommends you to use the Bank of Canada exchange rate that was in effect on the day you were paid, or use the average annual exchange rate. For more information on filing your taxes, it’s best to check the Canadian government website. As well, depending on what country your company or employer is based out of, you may have to pay their taxes as well, so it’s best to check their government website or ask an accountant.

Be the first to try the app

Sign-up and get exclusive access to try the app when we launch. It’s time to control your finance.

About us

Control all aspects of your finances. Learn about what you need to know to make smart decisions. But most of all, have trust that we’re here to help. In the end, you’ll have more time to do what you love.
Chango - Unifying your financial world. | © 2018 Chango Card Inc.